We’ve shared 15 PTSD-related facts with you over the course of the month, and as we bid farewell to June 2020, and thus to PTSD Awareness Month, we present you with fact 16, which may be the most important of all in terms of needed recognition:
You are not alone, and treatment is available.
Reaching out for help isn’t easy, but it is worth it, and help exists in a number of forms – including, but not limited to your traditional counseling, group therapy, and even individualized therapy that can be tailored specifically to you. There are several avenues to take if you are interested in reaching out, with more and more popping up nearly every single day.
We have compiled a list of resources for you here, and we will continue to add to this as we encounter more and more.
Moreover, you can learn more about PTSD via the following links:
- PTSD: National Center for PTSD Home
- PTSD Resources | Veterans Families United
- Posttraumatic Stress Disorder | NAMI: National Alliance on Mental Illness
- NIMH » Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder
- Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD) - HelpGuide.org
- Get Help With PTSD
- Best PTSD Resources You Can Find Online | Everyday Health
- PTSD Counseling & PTSD Recovery | Help for PTSD
If you missed any of the previous posts in our PTSD Facts series: